FEM TRANSCRIPTION SERVICES, INC. DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Policy brief & purpose
FEM Transcription Services, Inc. (Company) Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights, and to be compliant with GDPR.
This policy refers to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to the Company.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our Company must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone our Company collaborates with or acts on behalf of the Company.
As part of our Company’s operations certain pieces of Personally Identifying Information (PII) are collected and retained. This information may include names, addresses, email addresses, financial data etc.
Our Company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
- PII required to interact with employees, contractors, consultants, vendors, and other organizations or entities that do work for the Company is collected and retained for as long as that data is relevant. No additional information beyond what is required for the business interaction is collected or retainedIn the process of transcription PII may become apparent. Audio and transcripts are retained for 60 days past the official end of a given job. After this time all files and information regarding the job is deleted. Only information relevant to financial record keeping and the above point is retained; no PII regarding the subjects of transcripts, or PII that may have been mentioned in them, is retained in any way past the deletion date.
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
Our data protection provisions will appear on our website.
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.